Sunday, May 29, 2011

Love Yourself!

My friend Anna and I were hanging out last night when I pointed to a mark on my skin and asked her what it was. Her answer was that it was discoloration that comes with aging and pointed to a similar looking mark on her leg.

Aging?! That's a hard pill to swallow. I'm in my 20s and I am in denial that I'm getting older and I'm going to wrinkle and get even more funky spots on my body. Yesterday was the first time I've heard someone tell me something on my body is due to that dreaded A word. And it hurt! Aging is beautiful but I think it can hold off a little while longer.

Speaking of bodies... I am sure you all have noticed how we women put ourselves down? I was thinking recently that it happens way too much, which is sad. Yesterday I heard someone at Ross say "I can't squeeze my fat a$$ into those pants." I wanted to walk up to her and give her a hug.

Instead of focusing on our flaws, which is so easy to do, we should focus on the things we love about ourselves. And I'm telling you all this first... I am going to try to do this with myself... remind me of this goal next time I'm in a dressing room, okay? ;)

Here's to loving ourselves more... age spots and all!



1 comment:

  1. Um, seriously. Aging. Yah, you have no room to talk until you're about to hit the big 3-0. J/k. Love it though, loving yourself can be harder than loving others, despite all their flaws!!!

    ReplyDelete